Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Blackberry Sour Cream Pie

I found some fresh blackberries last week at the store, and felt like pie would be in order. (I always do think pie is in order.) This beautiful pie is a berries-and-cream kind of experience, rich and delicious-but easy to assemble. The recipe comes from a booklet of pies and pastries compiled by home economics teachers.

Blackberry Sour Cream Pie
1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell (or click here for a pastry recipe)
4 c. fresh blackberries
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. sifted flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. sour cream
2 Tbsp. sugar

Place cleaned blackberries in pie shell. Sift sugar, flour and salt into a bowl, stir in sour cream to combine; mix well. Pour cream mixture over berries, sprinkle top with 2 Tbsp. sugar.  Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees, bake for 30 minutes longer.  Cool on wire rack.

Jenny

2 comments:

Whatcudithurt said...

What the hell! That wont “pour”!?

Whatcudithurt said...

Appologies!!! My patience needs work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!