Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cream Scalloped Potatoes

These potatoes are awesome! My new go-to potato dish, they couldn't be simpler--and they couldn't be richer! Well, maybe they could, but you will love this! Trust me. These would be great to serve with meatloaf or oven chicken as their cooking times are so similar.

Cream Scalloped Potatoes
6 large potatoes, peeled and sliced thin (enough to comfortably fill a 9x13)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 c. onion (sliced or cubed, your preference)
1 cube butter or margarine, melted
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
seasoning salt (like Lawrys)
Cavender's Greek seasoning (opt.)
salt and pepper
2 c. heavy cream

Grease a 9x13 baking pan.  Rinse sliced potatoes under cold running water to remove starch. Pat dry with a paper towel.  Put potatoes in baking pan, with garlic and onion, drizzle with melted butter.  Sprinkle on cheese, seasoning salt, Greek seasoning, salt and pepper.  Stir together. Pour cream over all.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 min. until tender.  Let rest 10 min. before serving.

Notes:  You can substitute any seasoning or additional herbs you like.  I think crushed rosemary would be yummy, or some parsley. You could also just use salt and pepper to taste. I use my food processor to slice the potatoes and onions, which makes the job faster. When this first comes out of the oven it may seem liquid-y but as you let it set a few minutes, the potatoes will absorb all that. I am looking forward to trying this with some new red potatoes!

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!