Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sausage and Rice Skillet

This recipe is easy and satisfying.  It comes from a book called the I Hate To Cook Book and in there, it goes by the name Dr. Martin's Mix.  My family loved it.  It is sure to become one of the Cheater Pants Meals in my arsenal.

Sausage and Rice Skillet
Crumble 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. sausage in a skillet and brown it.  Pour off a little of the fat and add:
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 c. chopped onion
2-3 celery sticks, chopped
2 c. raw rice
4 c. chicken broth (or water and bouillon cubes to make this amount)
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt

Turn vegetables and rice in the sausage drippings for a minute, then add the liquid.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 min. or until rice is tender.

Notes: You don't see the green pepper in here, because I had a yellow one, and I neglected the celery and the children were happy about that, but don't count on it next time kids! (Depends on the number of distractions, as to how many mistakes I make in a recipe.  Frankly, its a miracle that anything turns out right around here ever.)

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!