Friday, June 13, 2014

Raisin Nut Bars

My mother loves raisins and nuts in everything, so in some sympathetic eating, I decided to try these. They are good, I might be my mother's daughter! The recipe comes from a little pamphlet called Bar Cookie Bonanza.

Raisin Nut Bars
1 c. raisins
1 1/2 c. water
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. chopped nuts

In a microwave safe mixing bowl, place raisins and water.  Microwave on high for 1-2 min, until fruit is warm and plump.  Add butter, egg and baking soda to raisins and water, stir together.  Add flour, sugar and spices and blend in nuts.  Mixture should be the consistency of cake batter.  Spread into bar pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min.  Cool.  Glaze.

Glaze:
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
1-2 Tbsp. milk
Combine sugar and butter, add enough milk to make a very thin glaze.  Drizzle over cooled bars.  Let glaze set before cutting.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!