Friday, June 10, 2011

Pre-baked Fried Chicken Method

I'm pretty excited about the way this last experiment turned out!  I find a consistent problem when I fry chicken of having the inside not done and the coating burnt.  Makes me mad.  This time I tried pre-baking the chicken and it worked out sooo well!  Here is the method:

Fried Chicken
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Place chicken pieces on a greased cookie sheet and season with salt and pepper or any other seasoning you like.  Bake for 20 min.  Turn pieces of chicken over and season the other side, return to oven and bake another 15 min.  Remove chicken from oven.  Heat oil in a skillet on med-high.  Mix coating ingredients from this recipe for Fried Chicken and proceed as directed.  The results were heralded as a great success at this house.  I was worried about rolling and dredging hot chicken, but it was really not hard to handle.  I used buttermilk in my egg mix this time and I prefer it, it makes a nice thick coating and it builds on the chicken with the two rollings. Do be careful of splattering grease any time you fry chicken!
Jenny

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!