Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Frog Eye Salad

I love this stuff!  Memories of childhood summer gatherings always go with the taste of this salad.

Frog Eye Salad
6 oz. ancini de pepe, boiled according to pkg. directions, drained and cooled

1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, reserve juice
1 3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. vanilla instant pudding
2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
2 c. cool whip, thawed
3 c. mini marshmallows
1/2 c. flaked coconut

Dressing: combine pudding mix with milk and 1/4 c. reserved pineapple juice, lemon juice and sugar. Whisk together to combine.
Gently stir pasta, pineapple, mandarin oranges, marshmallows and coconut together.  Add dressing and stir.  Fold in whipped topping.  Refrigerate at least 5 hours before serving to allow it to set up.

Jenny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog Directory
Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.

About This Blog

If you are visiting, welcome! I am in the process of a Vulcan Mind Meld with my computer to put all of my right hand recipes for feeding my family on here as fast as possible. Please come back often and stay awhile. There are so many exciting things to come!

What this is:

A clearing house for all my favorite recipes. All my food musings. All my favorite cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. If you enjoy it here, and find it useful, welcome!